Love leaves an illness no one can cure by Emerald

 


Love leaves an illness no one can cure

Death leaves an heritage no one can steal

So Remember me after I'm gone

Do not Weep or lament

Just remember me

For every line and stanza I dropped

For every battle I fought and won

Remember me

For every of my legacy

For the indelible footprints I left behind

Remember me

For all the times I made you smile

For all my struggles and my glory

Do not leave any of my stories untold

They are parts of me that'll always be

Tell them of the books I wrote

For they are legacies that can't be erased

Let them know I wasn't a gullible fellow

Tell me I made the most use of my time here

With unending lines flowing through my pen

And I hope they get to remember me 

Even after I'm gone

By @Emerald

Comments